E Commerce Success
The road to success in ecommerce is to do everything right. You must have:
- A marvelous selection of high-quality products competitively priced.
- Outstanding photography and spare, yet beautifully written sales copy.
- Support for product videos.
- Well-reasoned and responsible Terms of Sale.
- A marvelous shopping cart with all the security assurances necessary to build customer confidence, including an SSL certificate.
- Deadly accurate fulfillment of orders.
- Competitive freight policies.
- A web site which displays and functions perfectly on all devices and browsers.
- Micro formatted vendor, manufacturer, and product information.
- Full analytics reporting.
That list probably sounds tough and expensive, and it certainly can be both. The worst part of it is that doing those things will not directly translate into sales and profits.
Sales and profits are really a function of the number of qualified, interested visitors your site receives. About one half of one per cent of your visitors will make a purchase. That “conversion rate” is reduced dramatically if any one of the ten items above is not up to par.
Clearly, the difference between a successful E Commerce website and any of the others is simple… The successful site gets more traffic, or more qualified traffic, or both.
So… how can you build traffic? Or better yet, how can you build qualified traffic?
The only tactic that works well over time is blogging. If that fact sickens you, Harper Vance has the answer for you. Hire us to plan and execute your blogging strategy.
It does take time to build the traffic and it is certainly not free, but there is nothing else you can do that will have a direct impact on your sales and profits that will continue to pay off months and years after a posting.
Call us today to explore it.